Travelling Solo could be demanding but is an absolute experience like no other. Those who have never travelled alone often describe their first solo trip almost as those who went on a pilgrimage to a holy land for religious purpose.
The best thing about solo travelling is having the ultimate freedom to choose your own adventure. It’s entirely up to you to do what you want, where you want, when you want. You get to enjoy the destination on your own terms – without the distractions or schedule of others. It not only gives you freedom and chance to indulge yourself fully, it also gives times for contemplation and personal growth.
Here are Some of the Things Everybody Learns Travelling Solo:
- You always return home with lots of new friends.
- You can engage with locals on a level that only solo travellers can.
- You’re free to adventure as you please, and it feels awesome.
- You gain a deep understanding of the destinations you’ve visited.
- There is something liberating about travelling to a place where no one knows you.
- Alone time is healthy and we rarely get enough of it.
- Distance makes you appreciate the important people in your life.
- Distance teaches you that some people who you thought were important, really aren’t.
- When you’re a little lonely, you’ll get more creative.
- Sometimes it’s fun to pretend you’re the only tourist in the world.
Via: Rough Guides