Air transport ratings group, Skytrax has named ‘Qatar Airways’ as the 2017 World’s Best Airline for the fourth time at the Skytrax 2017 World Airline Awards. The Doha based airline also took home awards for the World’s Best Business Class, World’s Best First Class Lounge and Best Airline in the Middle East.
This year’s second – Singapore Airlines, also received awards for the Best Airline in Asia, the World’s Best Business Class seat and for having the Best Premium Economy on-board Catering. Other carriers included in this year’s top 10 airline list include; ANA All Nippon Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, EVA Air, Lufthansa, Etihad Airways, Hainan Airlines and Garuda Indonesia.
Read More: Skytrax Reveals 2017 World’s Best Airport
In Africa, Ethiopian Airlines took home the gong for the Best Airline in Africa prize while South African Airways and Royal Air Maroc bagged Best Airline Staff in Africa and Best Regional Airline in Africa awards respectively.
Other Winners of the Skytrax 2017 World Airline Awards include:
- World’s Best First Class: Etihad Airways
- World’s Best Business Class: Qatar Airways
- World’s Best Economy Class: Thai Airways
- World’s Best Premium Economy Class: Qantas Airways
- World’s Best Low-Cost Airline: AirAsia
- World’s Best Inflight Entertainment Emirates
- World’s Best Regional Airlines: Bangkok Airways
- Best Business Class Airline Seat: Singapore Airlines
- Best Economy Class Airline Seat: Japan Airlines
- Best Airline in Asia: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Northern Europe: Finnair
- Best Airline in Western Europe: Lufthansa
- Best Airline in Southern Europe: Turkish Airlines
- Best Airline in Eastern Europe: Aeroflot
- World’s Best Regional Airline: Bangkok Airlines
- World’s Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness: EVA Air
- World’s Best Cabin Staff: Garuda Indonesia
- Most Improved Airline: Saudi Arabian
- World’s Best Airline Alliance: Star Alliance