Now in the fourth year running, tripadvisor has announced the results of the tripadvisor’s travelers’ choice awards. For this edition of the awards, the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, Peru has been ranked as the world’s most favourite landmark according to votes by readers on the travel review website. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi comes second while the Angor Wat comes third in Cambodia.
Some of the other landmarks on the list are the Burj Khalifa, Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, Hagia Sophia, Great Wall of China and the Eiffel Tower. Check out the full list of the top 25 favourite landmarks of the world.
Top 25 Favourite Landmarks of the World
- The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in Cuzco, Peru.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi.
- Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City, Italy.
- Taj Mahal in Agra, India.
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, in Cordoba, Spain
- Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood in central St Petersburg, Russia
- Alhambra in Granada, Spain.
- Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Washington DC, District of Columbia.
- Milan Cathedral in Milan, Italy.
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California, USA.
- Hagia Sophia Museum in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium.
- Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France.
- Great Wall at Mutianyu in Beijing, China.
- Acropolis in Athens, Greece.
- Corcovado — Cristo Redentor “Christ the Redeemer” in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Big Ben in London, UK.
- Chichen Itza in Mexico.
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- Australian War Memorial in Canberra, Australia.
- Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia.
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine in Kyoto, Japan. Toshifumi Kitamura